Tuesday, December 04, 2007

4G91 engine.

After using for 5 years, I decided to transplant my Wira engine from 4G15P auto transmission to 4G91 auto transmission. This is due to several complication happen to my former engine. Auto gearbox jerking, computer box not working properly and too much power loss due to emission.

After waiting for one week, from Monday to Saturday. My Wira was complete of engine transplant. First time I drove it. It was so amazing. Great pickup, gear shift smoothly and low fuel consumption. I don’t know why the engine is quite different from my former engine although their cc is same respectively.



The cost of transplant is RM3,800 complete with Lancer 1.8 halfcut. Actually I bought a Lancer 1.8 halfcut and I sell back a 4G93 engine to the mechanic. I don’t want to use a 1.8 engine because it require several additional gadget to install to my Wira such as rear disk brake and I think I don’t need powerful engine because I want to give this car to my wife.

Other part is using 1.8 gadgets such as throttle body, suspensions, disk brake, water coolant and many more accept the engine. I use 4G91 engine instead. The warranty for this transplant is one month. After that, I will register the new engine by myself. Overall performance, I very satisfied with this engine. I hope this engine will last long.

Engine model 4G91
Displacement, cc 1496
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 97 ps (71.34 kw) / 6000 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 12.8 kg*m (125.53 N*m) / 3500 rpm
Power density 10 ??
Engine type Serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve
Engine information
Fuel system Electro- carburetor
Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline
Compression ratio 10
Bore, mm 78.4
Stroke, mm 77.5
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 6.2


Engine model 4G15
Displacement, cc 1468
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 91 ps (66.93 kw) / 6000 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 12.4 kg*m (121.60 N*m) / 3000 rpm
Power density 9.01
Engine type Serial 4 cylinder SOHC12 valve
Engine information MVV
Fuel system ECI multiple
Turbocharger No
Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No
Compression ratio 9.4
Bore, mm 75.5
Stroke, mm 82
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 4.7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.